A conversation with...

08:44 Liliana Teixeira 0 Comments

...Cátia

This girl is one of my best friends in the world. I know her since we were little girls, we went to the same swimming lessons, to the same high-school and the same university. However, it was not until last year, when I moved to Gent, that we became real friends.
The coincidence of our friendship is amazing. Although we spent most of our time apart, we talk almost every day. She is someone that I know I can rely on and that gives the best advice. Although we have very different personalities, we share some characteristics, as love for science and photography. And when we get together, we go crazy. 

I decided to start this photographic project with her. It will consist of an informal conversation and a photo session. Hope you like it.


"My biggest goal is to be happy, how I don't know. I just want to do what I want to do. At the moment, progressing in my career would be the thing that would make me happy, explain to people what science is and do research in biology, which is what I love. However, I know that my happiness involves being a mom and to be with someone that I love. But sometimes it's enough to be with my friends. I want to be happy every day, even with the smallest things." 


"What to you want to do above all? What is necessary for you to be happy? For you to be a scientist, what do you need to do? To make the best decision, you have to follow your heart, do what is more challenging for you, what brings more perspectives for your future, and what you need financially."


"I came to Gent to do Erasmus with a goal. I wanted to study birds. It was very difficult to find financing for this project in Portugal. I also came here to get out of my comfort zone, I thought I was going to learn a lot by my self. It was a difficult choice, but it was the best one I could have ever made."


"As hard as the distance can be, it's good to be here. Each time we come here we feel divided, because we leave our friends and our parents. But they have always supported me and understood my choice. Some people separated from me, but that is because they wouldn't contribute to my life. The people that stayed made me realize how important their friendship is. And I met new amazing people."


"I mature with the limitations and the difficulties that I have."


Cátia also has a blog, check it out: http://vida-atoa.blogspot.pt/

0 comentários: