My addiction

05:31 Liliana Teixeira 2 Comments

Nowadays photography is banalized. Everyone is a photographer and the profession is a lot of times discarded. Phone cameras and good filters allow anyone to take a good picture.
I don't want to pass the impression that I consider myself a photographer, just because I have a nice camera. Not at all. Photography is just my dearest hobby, the way I found to express myself and something that I really put effort on it. It's my addiction. Why? Because I already have 3 cameras and I want to buy more!

Let me tell you the story of how I got my Nikon D3300.
When my old compact camera was stolen in a trip I took to Lisbon, I decided I wanted to buy a good and "professional" camera. However, these cameras are super expensive and I didn't have the courage to ask my parents for the money. So, in the summer of 2013, I decided to find a job and earn enough money to buy one. I started to work every day as a waitress in an Indian restaurant. After 2 months of stomach pain, curry smell in my hair, bad money and Indian accent, I finally had enough money to buy my camera. Now it's my most precious belonging and something that I am proud of having. 
All my pictures posted in this blog were taken with this amazing camera.

Now my favorite toy. The Instax 8 by Fujifilm. It's probably the best gift I have ever received and I have been having so much fun with it. Although it's not the best camera to photograph with, it allows to have instant photos. I especially use it to take pictures with the people that are the closest to my heart.

Diana was my last acquisition. It is an old crappy camera (that only cost 5€) but I love it. Diana made me fall in love with Lomography. (Lomography photos will be posted soon)

Which camera should I buy next?

2 comentários:

  1. Respostas
    1. Ahaha were you the girl that gave me the Diana? Thanks, it has been great to photograph with it. Hopefully I will post some photos that I have taken with it :)

      Eliminar